Friday 21 September 2012

London Fashion Weekend Mini-Haul

As promised, here is my follow up post on the few items I snapped up at London Fashion Weekend this season. I could have spent hours browsing through all the gorgeous rails of clothes and accessories. Equally so, I could have easily spent half my life savings on all the things I had my eye on. This time I did restrain myself and narrowed it down to a few pieces that I just couldn't resist.

Three of the five items I purchased were jewellery. I am a bit of a self-confessed jewellery fiend and am known for having stacks of bracelets up my arm on a daily basis. However I never stray from anything sterling silver. Personally I would rather spend a little more money on a piece of jewellery if it means I can wear it daily without it tarnishing (or turning my fingers green!), so naturally when I spotted the Wishlist London stand (see their website hereI was in my absolute element.

All their designs "offer spiritual meaning and protection" using symbols like Evil Eye, Hamsa Hand and the Peace sign. While I don't worry about the spiritual meaning in things, I am drawn to ethnic feeling jewellery and so when I spotted the Hamsa Hand necklace I found it difficult to walk away!


I think it looks so simple and delicate when paired with a casual outfit and the tiny White Cubic Zirconium stones catch the light without making it look too sparkly..avoiding the cheap look in my eyes. I absolutely love this piece.

The next two I spotted on a hand of one of the assistants who was helping me at the stand. She was wearing a double finger ring and a chain ring. The combination of the two worn together looked great but I think each individual piece could look stunning when worn alone. Alongside sterling silver, Moonstone is something I love in jewellery so the chain ring was perfect for me. I love the bohemian feel that the chain ring gives while still staying really delicate and simple.

Note: I'm wearing Essie's Bahama Mama on my nails Link!

I recommend checking out Wishlist London if you're going to LDWend yourself, there are also gold options available as well as cute little bracelets with bright coloured thread and charms. I was told their website is currently being redesigned and updated at the moment so don't worry if you can't get to the event, all their beautiful stock will be online soon! And what's more, with every piece sold, Wishlist London donates a percentage of the profit to War Child to protect children living in some of the World's most dangerous war zones. What more could you want?! A beautiful piece of jewellery and a worthwhile cause! (It's a no-brainer for me!)

My last two items were both from Twenty8Twelve, a brand linked to Sienna Miller (here's their website) and I have always lusted over it because of it's beautiful tailoring and gorgeous printed fabrics but the price tag was always an issue! Luckily this was not the case at LFWend with all the prices slashed. I managed to find two hidden beauties amongst the rails of endless clothes. One a relatively plain everyday grey cotton t-shirt which I plan to pair with jeans, boots and a leather jacket in the Winter, and the the other a cute little silk skirt in a beautiful print which I can wear on nights out or for dinner dates etc. I can't wait to style these pieces (OOTD's to follow, keep your eyes peeled!)







No comments:

Post a Comment