Saturday 22 September 2012

Review: L'Oréal EverPure


My bathroom is constantly cluttered with half-emtpy bottles of products, and the main culprits are always shampoos and conditioners. I'm drawn in to new products when they arrive on the market, especially as they normally arrive with a 3 for 2 deal in Boots and Superdrug but unfortunately this results in an unnecessary amount of neglected products that have been replaced by the latest new purchase.

However, this didn't stop me when I spotted the L'Oréal Paris Hair Expertise EverPure range, which boasted to be a colour care system with no sulphates. I'm aware that sulphates are known for stripping the hair of it's natural oils as well as colour, leaving it dull, lifeless and faded. I have coloured hair myself, brightening up my darker blonde with brighter ashy highlights, and I often find my hair looking very damaged and neglected. There is nothing worse than brassy straw hair, and while this range doesn't combat the 'brassy blonde' problem, it does help with the dryness.

I chose the 'Colour Care & Moisture' but there different variants available including one that claims to help with volume. Since using the range I have noticed a clear difference and my hair feels so much softer and smoother to the touch. I'm not completely convinced by the shampoo as I have used previous shampoos that have left my hair feeling a lot cleaner, but the conditioners for me are fantastic, especially the 'Reinforcing Intensive Mask' which provides instant results; even when my hair is still wet it is noticeably smoother to the touch (as crazy as that sounds).

The star of the show me for me though has got to be the Shine Serum which much like any other serum is meant to leave the hair feeling silky smooth and in better condition, targeting dry and split ends. This does exactly that. After my experience with the conditioner I didn't expect it to get much better but after applying this I was left with incredibly soft hair which resulted in me constantly playing with it throughout the day.


The smell is distinctively menthol, with the mint making it smell almost like toothpaste? I can't say I love it, but it's easy to overlook. This range will definitely not fall into the neglected and forgotten about pile of shampoos and conditioners and I'll undoubtedly end up repurchasing.

L'Oréal EverPure is available at Boots and Superdrug at £5.99/£6.99 depending on each specific product.

No comments:

Post a Comment